Thursday, July 5, 2012

Date: July 2, 2012 10:06:46 AM EDT

As it inches s-l-o-w-l-y toward hour 60 of the electric outage, I've noticed a few sounds that are just pissing me off. They are, in no particular order of loathing:


The constant droning of other peoples power generators. Mine sounds like a well tuned Ferrari. Well, it would. If I had one.

Birds. Can't they just shut the fuck up for a few minutes? Geez.

The ominous quiet of my pool filter is deafening. At least to my sensibilities.

My 29 year old son sounding like a 12 year old Valley Girl, yelling, "It's hot."

Ice melting in the cooler. Yes. I can hear it. It's terrifying.

That delightful little sound my iPhone makes when it's about to die.

The derision in the grocery clerks voice as he (gleefully?) informs me that they are out of ice.

Stuff making dripping sounds in what I used to call a 'freezer'.

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE, sounding like they are having 'fun'.

That monotonous drone of the BGE automated reporting systems voice telling me there had been an 'incident'. I knew that. It's why I called.



Ah, thanks. I feel much better.

Happy Independence Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment