Thursday, July 5, 2012

Due to encouragement from a few friends, as well as having a butt-load worth of free time available and an addled brain that just won't shut the fuck up, I decided to take a mini-step and join the blogosphere. It may last a day or two. It may last a decade. We'll find out.

This all came about within the past week. For those of you that don't live in the mid-Atlantic US, there were some horrific thunder and wind storms that blew through the area last Friday night, June 29th. We lost electric service. Shit, nearly 70% of the greater Baltimore area lost electric service. After a couple of days of just stewing in the swamp that used to be my TV room, I decided to let some folks know how I was coping. More accurately, maybe, how I was failing to cope. Thus began a string of messages that somewhat chronicled Day 2, then Day 3, then 4. . . and 5. They will be the first entries that I post. No sense letting all those hours of thumbing my iPhone to death go to waste. Let alone the dozen recharges it had to go through just to stay viable.

So, now what? I do enjoy writing. I enjoy trying to make others laugh. I enjoy gin. I guess I'll just write about what's on my mind. I'll try not to preach or pontificate. I will do my best to remain staunchly apolitical. I'll try to keep my opinions to myself. My joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my friends, my enemies, my likes, my dislikes? They're up for grabs. I am a movie fan. I am a pop/rock music fan, if you obliterate the past 30 years or so. I am a baseball fan. I love college hoops. I will share what I think about those subjects, and others.  I. . . actually I don't know how this is going to fan out. We'll just wait and see.

What I would like is feedback, if possible. If I pissed you off, fine. Agree or disagree, let me know. A couple of points, though, if I may. I'm not an academic, an english teacher nor a grammarian, so please don't bust my nuts about writing 'errors'. I tend to over-punctuate. I write the way I think. If there's a pause in my head then there's gonna' be a comma, or two, on the page. (See?)

I'm also not sure how this site works.  The blog name is I'm just saying.  That includes the period at the end.  I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment